Nothing feels more like summer to us than outdoor music festivals! And with so many great ones in Burnaby, BC, we have a tendency to relish in the staycation close to home each summer with lazy days of reading by the pool, puttering with our patio pots turning our decks into summer oases, and revelling in the music that comes to us each summer.
I single out Burnaby as they happen to host a summer favourite of ours, the Burnaby Blues and Roots Festival, and as they’ve been raising bar the last few summers by bringing such a fantastic mix of music to enjoy outdoors in Burnaby! And while these Burnaby outdoor summer concerts started with City and Colour on Friday May 23rd, they start for us, personally, next weekend with the second ever CBCmusic.ca Festival! Quite excited, as you might gather from this post I wrote on the festival: CBCmusic.ca Festival Ignites this Summer at Deer Lake Park
So what else has Burnaby got in store in the way of outdoor music to enjoy this summer? Here is the full event list:
- Friday May 23 – City and Colour (sadly missed) at Deer Lake Park
- Saturday June 14 – CBCmusic.ca Festival at Deer Lake Park
- Tuesday July 1st – Canada Day Concert (a free event with Spirit of the West, Dear Rouge, and Dustin Bentall and the Smokes) at Swangard Stadium
- Sunday July 13 – Symphony in the Park (a free event with the Vancouver Symphony Orchestra) at Deer Lake Park
- Saturday August 9 – Burnaby Blues and Roots Festival (get your tickets NOW, as the 1st 1000 sold are discounted) at Deer Lake Park
- Tuesday August 19 – Beck at Deer Lake Park
- Thursday August 21 – Jack Johnson (sadly sold out – I’ll try not to gloat too much that I have a ticket!) at Deer Lake Park
- Thursday August 28 – Jack White at Deer Lake Park
And to best prepare yourself to have an outstanding time at these events, here is a post I wrote, based on past experiences at the Burnaby Blues and Roots Festival at Deer Lake Park in Burnaby: How to Prepare for an Outdoor Music Festival: the One-Day Festival
Stay tuned over the summer as we share a few of the sights, sounds and vibes that we experience at Burnaby’s outdoor music events and other cultural excursions!